MAXIMIZE YOUR SPACE BY PLANNING AND LABELING
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front.
- Allow for walkways down the middle of your unit.
- Make up an inventory of your items and keep it in a safe place at home or in another safe location.
- Make sure to put an arrow on the box so that you know what side is the top.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal with tape.
- Take pictures to catalog your locker.
- Create a map so you know where things are stacked in case you need to get to them.
- Keep frequently used items in the front of your unit.
PREPARE YOUR ROOM FOR STORAGE AND PACK YOUR ITEMS THE RIGHT WAY
- Place your storage items on 2×4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp
- CAUTION! Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., Paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds. (It is best not to put too much in each box.) Use larger boxes for lighter items like bedding, blankets and linens. Use the smaller boxes for heavy items like books and dishes.
- Don’t overload. You should be able to easily lift the box.
- Make sure the box is square and not bulging so it can be easily stacked.
- Hang things up. We sell boxes that serve as wardrobes.
- Use good quality tape. We sell packing tape that will stay stuck for the long term.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Think stacking to make the best use of your space.
- Keep items about 1 inch from walls to allow for proper air circulation.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Cover and pad beds and furniture with protective material to ensure they stay in perfect condition.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packaging cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside each other.
- Tables having removable legs should be broken down to save space. Place any screws in a plastic bag and tape to the frame.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete. Cushions may be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full.
- To prevent bug infestation and rodents, no food or food items should be stored. (If absolutely necessary, food staples should be sealed in plastic zip lock bags within another plastic bag.)
- Put TV’s and other electronics in the rear of your unit.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I move in?
If there is a storage space available that meets your specific storage needs, you can move in anytime.
How much notice needs to be given before I move out?
We require a 10 day verbal notice before you move out. This way we can prepare any credits to your account that are necessary.
What type of documentation do I need to provide in order to rent a space?
We require a government issued ID (example: driver’s license, state id, or passport)
Do I need to sign a long-term lease?
No, we rent on a month-to-month basis unless the customer requests otherwise.
Does there have to be someone in the office to let me through the security gates?
No. At the time of signing you will be given your own security key that will allow you 24/7 access to your unit.
How do I make a payment?
We accept cash, traditional/electronic check, or automatic credit card payments. This can be set up through our website. The payment will be charged on the first of the month. If you should move out during the middle of the month after your initial month we will credit your account for the remaining days and stop payments for the next month.
What forms of payments do you accept?
Cash, Checks, Money Orders, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Do you sell boxes and storage supplies?
Yes. We sell various moving supplies in our office. You can view a list of our inventory on our website.
How do I know how much storage space I will need?
You can either use our Storage Calculator on our website or call us for assistance.
Do I need to bring my own lock?
You need a lock. We sell high quality Disk Locks. They are $14.00 ea. You may have one already or you may wish to purchase one elsewhere, as well.
Are there any items that I am NOT able to store?
Liquids, Explosives, Flammable liquids, Toxic materials and Perishables. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding a specific item.